How to create a tenancy?
Select the Tenancy menu > Tenancies.
Click on the "create" button.
Just fill out the form as follows:
Select the property for which you are creating the tenancy
Select the type of tenancy either short term or co-location
Indicate the start date, the end date and the signature date of the tenancy
Then you need to add the details of the tenancy (Tenancy lines). If there was already a tenancy for the selected property, the details of this tenancy are automatically retrieved:
- The product: A "rent" type product is required for the tenancy to be valid
- The billing periodicity (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual or single)
- The price: If the product of the line is indexable, the system will also mention the base price which will be used during indexing.
If the tenancy has annexes, you can add them here:
Create/ Select the tenant(s):
- Select the contract. If it does not already exist, the system offers to create it and edit its personal information
- Via this screen, you can also add the people as surety of the tenancy (you will then have to checkbox the "Is caution")
- The case of "CC of emails" allows you to determine whether the tenancy communications should be sent to this tenant
- The Invoicing rate allows you to set up pro-rata invoicing when you have multiple tenants. By default, the first tenant will have an invoicing rate of 100% and it is he who will be invoiced under the tenancy
If the tenancy includes a bank deposit, you can enter it in the "Bank of the deposit bank" and "Bank deposit" fields located below the tenancy lines. If the deposit is in cash, it must be added to the lines of the tenancy. A product exists to do this. This will create a debt account which will remain open until the deposit is repaid at the end of the tenancy.
The "Tenancy Template" is the template document that will be used to print the tenancy.
The "starting index" is automatically added based on the date of the signature.
The "Invoicing type" is used to determine if you want to generate your rents each month on the day X or the day the tenancy began or if you want to do it the first of the month. By default, the first of the month is selected.
The "bank account" used to specify the account on which the rents will have to be paid.
Special conditions: If you have special conditions to add to the tenancy, they can be written in this section. These will be added to the printing of the tenancy.
Tenant address on the tenancy: By default, invoices are made out to the address of the property. If this section is checked, they will be sent to the tenant's address (for example if the property is rented by a company whose headquarters is not where the property is located).